Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Catching Up With Ryan Harrow



We've been privileged to develop a friendship with 2010 NC State commit Ryan Harrow. We have nothing but good things to say of the young man. When you talk to him it doesn't take long to realize that he is a rarity in our society because he is friendly, humble, and polite. We appreciate Ryan's cooperation with us, and it is because of it that we are able to provide you with consistent updates on his stats/results. Earlier this season we were able to do a phone interview with Ryan and we were able to catch up with him again today.

This past Saturday Ryan made it up to Raleigh for his first NC State Basketball game, as he and the rest of Wolfpack Nation were treated to an Overtime Thriller, when the Pack triumphed over Georgia Tech. We were curious about what Ryan thought of his first experience in the RBC Center.

WolfpackHoops: What did you think of your first NC State Basketball game in the RBC Center? What did you think of the atmosphere?

Harrow: I loved how much the fans were into the game. During the timeouts I would just look around at all of the fans in their Red and White.

WolfpackHoops: Did you get a chance to talk with Coach Lowe? With any of the Players?

Harrow: After the game I was able to go back in the locker room with Coach Lowe and the team. Coach Lowe told me that he was happy that I was able to make the game and that he wished that I was out there on the court for him now. He also told me that he was proud of me and was excited to hear about how I was playing this season. He also told me that he was excited to hear about my ability to score and that I wasn't just a passing point guard. I also got to talk with Brandon, Courtney, and Farnold. I got to meet all three of them over the summer when I came up and they all told me that they were excited to hear about the season I've been having.

WolfpackHoops: Do you think you will be able to make anymore Pack games this year?

Harrow: I will be coming up to the UNC game on January 31st and I will also go to the game at Georgia Tech. I am going to try to make some other games as well.

WolfpackHoops: What was it about NC State and Coach Lowe that drew you to come play for the Pack?

There are a lot of things that I like about NC State. I like that they are in the ACC and I like that they are close to home. Coach Lowe was also a big draw for me. I love how much Coach Lowe understands the game and I understand how much he understands the point guard position. I'm looking forward to learning under him as a Coach.

WolfpackHoops: What part of your game do you see yourself working on the most this upcoming offseason?

Harrow: I'll probably work on my defense the most. I will also hit the weight room so I can put on some weight so I will be more prepared to play in the ACC.

WolfpackHoops: You've told us in the past that you and Lorenzo Brown were God-Brothers. How did this come about?

Harrow: Lorenzo and I met playing basketball when we were 8 years old. We've been attached and been best friends ever since. We would play ball and hang out together all the time. We grew up playing AAU together, 3-on-3 tournaments, and pick-up ball at the YMCA and Boys and Girls Club as well. His mom pursued my mom about being Lorenzo's God-parents and it sounded like a good idea for both families.

WolfpackHoops: You had a real big game last week against Centennial. What was the game like? Did you and Lorenzo talk any friendly junk?

Harrow: The game was really intense. We were both so intense and focused that we could barely even look at each other. We've always wished that we could just have played High School ball together.

WolfpackHoops: Do you and Lorenzo ever sit around and talk about what NC State's backcourt might look like in the future with the two of you at the helm?

Harrow: We always say it is going to be crazy. We're both pretty good and we play so well together that we think that we will be able to make the team a lot better. We talk about coming in together and leading State to a championship.

I also asked Ryan what his vertical was and he told me that he has never had it measured. He said he was going to get his P.E. coach to measure it tomorrow because people keep asking.

By the way, Ryan had 33 points and 10 assists to lead Walton 88-68 over Pope at home last night.

We look forward to talking to Ryan after the UNC game and will keep you updated on how he is doing. I think Sidney has found us a gemstone folks.

comments

2 Responses to "Catching Up With Ryan Harrow"
  1. Bullet00 said...
    January 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM

    Sounds like Sid landed a class-act, and looking at all the video, a great pg.

    I'm looking forward to seeing Ryan and Lorenzo controlling the Wolfpack backcourt!

  2. ashley-eliz city said...
    April 4, 2009 at 12:16 AM

    like a dream come true,i didnt know they were best friends,no chance this superstar decommits. fila

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates