Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching up with Josh Davis



A lot has been written about Josh Davis fulfilling his dream of becoming an NC State basketball player. We’ve gotten the chance to speak with Josh on numerous occasions now and we thought you would enjoy learning a little more about him.

WolfpackHoops: How did you become a NC State fan?

Josh: I grew up liking some of the players that played for UNC, but in Middle School I became an NC State fan. My mom graduated from NC State and that influenced me as well.

WolfpackHoops: Who is your favorite NC State basketball player that you grew up watching?

Josh: I’d have to say Julius Hodge. I loved how versatile he was. That’s kind of how I play.

WolfpackHoops: This might sound like a random question, but do you think being a lefty has helped you become a better basketball player?

Josh: Yeah, I think so. The main reason is that when everyone defends me they try to force me to use my right hand and I actually dribble better and dunk prominently with my right hand. I’m not really sure how that happened but it has made me more versatile.

WolfpackHoops: What are your plans for the offseason?

Josh: I’m really working hard on my jump shot. In fact, here recently Garrius Adams and I have been working out together doing shooting drills and skills drills. I’m also looking to attend summer school at NC State and major in Sports Management. I want to get there as soon as I can so I can go ahead and start working out with the team this summer.


Josh seems to be doing everything that he can to get ready to be a part of the team next season (working out with Garrius Adams and taking summer school so he can work out with the team). In fact, we bumped into him this past Sunday at the ScoutsFocus.com Elite 80 Showcase. He drove down to check out his future teammate, Ryan Harrow. We were very impressed with that.

comments

13 Responses to "Catching up with Josh Davis"
  1. Anonymous said...
    March 31, 2009 at 2:14 PM

    He seems like a good guy, and his videos are impressive.

    We're looking forward to having you on the team Josh!

  2. Anonymous said...
    March 31, 2009 at 2:16 PM

    I'm very excited about the addition of this young man. There is something to be said for the fact that he is getting the opportunity to play for the team that he has supported for years. It's also impressive that he drove down to check out Ryan. Having players that "get it" can go a long way in restoring the program that we all love so much. Welcome to the Pack, Josh!!

  3. Anonymous said...
    March 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM

    I love the fact he grew up a State fan. I think in state players who grew up State fans brings something special to the team. I do believe after 4 years Josh Davis will go down as a fan favorite and great wolfpack players we can tell our kids about.

  4. Anonymous said...
    March 31, 2009 at 3:01 PM

    very happy to have Josh Davis as a Wolfpacker. look forward to watching him play. sbas2

  5. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    March 31, 2009 at 3:42 PM

    Hey guys thanks for the input, We'd appreciate if you'd sign in using some sort of "tag name" or ID so we can get to know those posting on here. We want this to be a positive community where NC State fans can come and converse....and not have to sift through all the negativity and bashing that goes on other places.

  6. GMONNNAAAA said...
    March 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM

    The Louisville Courier-Journal and a Memphis television station are both indicating that John Calipari, has decided to replace Gillispie as basketball coach at UK. It has also been confirmed that Calipari has called old Kentucky coaches to talk about coaching at the school
    http://kentucky.scout.com/2/852300.html

  7. John said...
    March 31, 2009 at 3:57 PM

    I think I've found my new favorite Pack player and he hasn't even laced 'em up yet. Congrats Josh and best of luck to you. Go Pack!

  8. Eric said...
    March 31, 2009 at 4:26 PM

    Josh, I am as excited as you are that you will be coming to NCSU. I look forward to watching you help State usher in a new era of optimism. Keep up the hard work.

  9. Anonymous said...
    April 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

    The more I read on this kid, the more I like him.

  10. Mr. Duprey said...
    April 1, 2009 at 5:51 PM

    WPH-
    Ever tried approaching AAU staff to see how cooperative there are sharing info? It would be cool hearing something about Josh from anyone associated with the Gators..i.e. how he fit into the situation and what kind of ceiling they envisioned.

    Might leave the door open for some scoops on Reco this summer if he sticks with them- just a random thought.

    Any idea who Luke will travel with this summer or too early to tell?

  11. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    April 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM

    Jose-
    We should have an interview coming with Reco in the near future. We are also going to try to track this AAU season as tightly as possible. We are trying to get in touch with the coaches of these teams. We'll let you know when we get in touch with the Gaters head coach and we will make sure to ask him about Josh. I haven't seen anything yet on where Luke is going to land this AAU season. We'll keep you posted. Thanks Jose.

  12. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    April 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM

    Jose-
    Just tracked down some info for you. Got an email from Cothron this morning. He said he was running with Florida Elite and he would keep us posted.

  13. Anonymous said...
    April 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM

    Despite the fact that he went to a rival high school of mine (Athens vs. Cary), I really think I'm gonna like Josh, he seems like a real team player.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates