Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hodge Hungry For Another Chance


As reported the other day, Julius Hodge is looking to work his way back into the NBA via playing with the Chicago Bulls Summer League team. The "Jules from Harlem on his way to Stardom" caught up with WMBF of Myrtle Beach yesterday and had these words to say about his pursuit of the NBA:

"I know I can do it, so it's all good right there. My first year overseas, it was real tough to watch NBA basketball, I didn't want to see it. You get to seeing guys, you're like, 'I know I'm better than them if I had the opportunity.'"

Now, Hodge is training with a CCU assistant basketball coach, hoping to make it back. He wishes some things were different about his first NBA run, but he's not asking for sympathy.

"I had a shot. Not a lot of people get drafted first round in the NBA, now I have my opportunity and I have to take full advantage of it. It's not in anyone else's hands but mine, I know I'm ready, I know I'll get back this time. I'm excited about it."

comments

5 Responses to "Hodge Hungry For Another Chance"
  1. Anonymous said...
    July 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM

    jules will always be my all time favorite player to don the red and white,i loved watching him play,he wanted to win more than anyone,and he definately loved the camera,you go jules,i wish we could only find more recruits like you.

  2. KarNCSU said...
    July 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM

    thats the type of attitude u need in everything you do in this world. i like it. props to jules

  3. WolfCop said...
    July 5, 2009 at 5:55 AM

    Go Jules! The only player I liked more was Monroe. Julius played with heart and will always be one of my favorites too.

  4. Anonymous said...
    July 5, 2009 at 7:32 PM

    if you dont grind you dont shine,jules you have a bright future ahead in the nba.

  5. Anonymous said...
    July 5, 2009 at 7:35 PM

    wph,do you know why jules chose to come to raleigh and play under herb,with the kind of style we played,instead of going to syracuse or another high profile school that ran a more up tempo offense

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates