Friday, October 23, 2009

HOOPMIXTAPE: Zo Posterizes Two Oak Hill Defenders


comments

25 Responses to "HOOPMIXTAPE: Zo Posterizes Two Oak Hill Defenders"
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 23, 2009 at 1:47 AM

    holy schnike!

  2. ppack3 said...
    October 23, 2009 at 7:43 AM

    He's got that same behind the legs dribble that Ryan uses. They are both so smooth with it. Ryan and LoBro are going to be fun to watch play together! The scary part is that they are both going to have a bunch of talent around them in Raleigh! I'm amped about Wolfpack Basketball. Even if we struggle, I'm all in!

    This dunk is sick. Dude is relentless. Welcome to the Family Lorenzo! We can't wait to see you don the Red and White! Keep up those grades and you'll be here before you know it.

    Go State!

  3. Pack Leader said...
    October 23, 2009 at 10:17 AM

    Zo is the type of player who will lull you to sleep on defense w/ some smooth dribbling then blow by you. It was no mistake he was our highest ranked recruit and the Georgia 4AAAA Player of the year. And if you notice physically hes already built for the ACC. Size is not an issue for him and another year off working hard on the court and in the gym is only going to improve his size and skills.

    PPack your totally right I see Zo using some of the same moves ryan uses to school guys and that's no surprise considering they've been playing together their whole lives. I hate to say this to CJ Williams but hes going to have to give up his starting SG spot because he just doesn't have the skills Zo does. What makes him so dangerous is he has the handles of a pure PG (since thats what he played his entire senior year) but the size of a SF (6'5"). I CANT WAIT TO SEE ZO AND RYAN DOMINATING THE COUNTRY IN A YEAR!!!

    PS I went back and watched some of Zo's old videos, and I would highly recommend looking up Lorenzo Browns game vs Walton HS (Ryans HS). He scored 30+ point as He and Ryan literally went back and forth dominating for their respective team, in the end Zo hitting his teams final 8 points in the last 2 min including the game winner w/ 1 Sec left. Check it out

  4. NCStateGlory said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM

    Get some Big boy. AHH I can't wait til '10

  5. Realwolfpacker said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM

    Zo has really bulked up in the last 6 months or so. He looks much stronger than he did when I saw him his senior year in HS.

  6. Unknown said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

    WOW! I haven't seen hardly any of Lorenzo's highlights or games, but this kid can really play. I am getting a lot more excited about next years class. Hopefully not too excited.

  7. Shark Attack said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    Is Oak Hill still producing McAmerican's at the rate they did in the past?
    My high schools team, which included the infamous Reggie Love, played them while I was in school. I still remember William Avery throwing down a 360ยบ.
    Check out their players that went on to D1.
    http://www.oakhillhoops.com/records_stats/ncaa.html

  8. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM

    Oak Hill is pretty stacked this year:

    They have 4 star players in SG Doron Lamb (Offers from: Arizona, Kansas, Oklahoma, UCONN, Pitt and St. Johns), SF Roscoe Smith (Offers from: UCONN, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas and Maryland), PG Juwan Staten (Committed to Dayton).

    They also have 3 star Center Baye Moussa Keita who has committed to Syracuse.

    Keith "Tiny" Gallon was a McDonald's All-American in last years graduating class out of Oak Hill. He will be playing for Oklahoma this season.

  9. Eric said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:49 AM

    UK boards suggesting CJL was asked not to show up to BBM in Lexington due to the John Wall saga (PS - I agree with WPH in saying that I hope he gets to play).

    I also liked one blog's take on why Wall is being investigated, but Ryan Kelly (another Clifton member) is not...a conspiracy by the state of North Carolina to keep local talent in NC...HILARIOUS.

    I am interested to see how this plays out. If Wall gets slammed (unlikely), what happens to other players like CJL who played on the same team? Does the NCAA pack them all up and send them to Europe...dubious. And don't most AAU teams help pay to send their guys on trips?

    While I don't believe in UK's NC conspiracy, it seems like this is another example of the NCAA inconsistencies. Didn't USC get caught giving money to recruits?

    I am sure things will work out for Wall, and I look forward to watching him play. I feel bad for Wall, but can't help but think the news will help NCSU in the recruitment of CJL.

    WPH...you heard any news on CJL?

  10. Anonymous said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM

    Pack leader, let's slow down for a minute now I'm just as excited as everyone else about our 2010 class but I'm not ready to tell our present players to pick a spot on the bench. Cj will play a huge role this season and I hope if anything it's a battle for starting positions. I hope lorenzo can get everything together and join us next year but he's got to get there first and then earn a starting role.

  11. Realwolfpacker said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    ^ UK basketball fans are easily the biggest lunatics in the world. They seriously live in a different world.

    If CJ is smart he will distant himself from all of the leaches. He had a front seat view of the John Wall saga and now look what's happening. Even if we don't get CJ I hope he goes somewhere other than Kentucky. UK (and Cal) is the posterboy of what is wrong with college basketball right now.

  12. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:58 AM

    Talked with someone close to Leslie recently and they said that what it will all boil down to in the end, is where CJ feels the most "comfortable."

    They also said that CJ being a one-and-done isn't a sure thing at all. Not to say that he won't be, but that is a premature thought at this point.

  13. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 23, 2009 at 12:05 PM

    Agreed anon. The incoming recruiting class is encouraging the current players to take their individual games to the next level. No one is going to just roll over and hand anyone their spot. What a surplus in talent will do, is encourage competition and push everyone to the best they can be. Every elite program has competition at almost every position. It's a good problem to have.

  14. Alum02 said...
    October 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM

    Exactly. Besides, I see Zo fitting in nicely at the SG spot that will be vacated by Degand. CJW will play a lot of SF this year. If CJ Leslie goes somewhere else I could see a lineup of:

    PG - Javi, Harrow
    SG - Brown, Mays
    SF - CJW, Wood, Thomas, Davis
    PF - Painter, Howell, Cothron
    C - Smith, Vandenberg

    At least for the first game. I don't think Ryan, as good as he is, will come in and start from day one. Now if he adds some bulk and learns the offense / defense quickly there may be no keeping him out of the starting lineup.

  15. Realwolfpacker said...
    October 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM

    "CJ will go where he is most comfortable"

    I don't know any place more comfortable than home. Come run with the Pack big fella. We'll cheer for you (and have your back) for life....you'll be part of our family......unlike some other schools (UK cough cough).

  16. Pack Leader said...
    October 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM

    I will clarify I didnt mean Zo would walk on the court and be handed the SG spot. To me as year progresses it will be VERY hard to keep him off the floor w/ everything he can bring to the table especially in crucial situations ex. full court press/end of game situations. I believe Scott Wood will win the SF spot after this year w/ his shooting/scoring ability. Just like JJ Hickson earned his starting spot over a veteran... My philosophy is the BEST starting 5 starts then we rotate.

    I agree WPH it is a VERY good problem to have though!!!

  17. Wolfcop said...
    October 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM

    I see it being similar to when Fire and Ice came in their Freshman year. Corch started right away and Rodney backed up Vinny for a year. I could see Ryan starting right away and Zo backing up CJW for awhile, maybe even the whole first year. If you remember, Rodney was GREAT coming off the bench and averaged 11 points per game his FR. year. Just becuase you do not start right away does not mean you are any less important to the team. Zo would be killing folks coming off the bench. Of course A LOT depends on CJW's progress this year. He will have to step up his game from last year to hold off Zo.

  18. Anonymous said...
    October 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM

    Is Clifton handling CJ's recruitment?

  19. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM

    Clifton is not handling CJ's recruitment.

  20. redfred said...
    October 23, 2009 at 8:05 PM

    I understand a young kid who thinks he's not getting a fair shake or the recognition that he deserves for his talent, possibly seeking out someone who might mention his name in certain coaching circles. But hey, this is 5 star, CJ Leslie, the cat has been out of the bag for quite awhile now.

    What happened to playing BB where you just WANT to play BB???

    "Recruitment Handler"

    WTH is that anyway???!!!

    I can't exactly wrap my mind around that concept. But please!!!, don't anybody attempt to explain it to me. I still enjoy my fantasies involving "amateur" athletes, and I like to believe that there is still some-thing called the "NCAA", still trying to perform some-kind of a job, some-where, out there.

  21. Afterglow said...
    October 23, 2009 at 8:59 PM

    I can't stand that fact that there are these bloodthirsty handlers out their exploiting these high school players. Can't they just back off and wait until the NBA? I for one hold no ill will towards John Wall; I wish him the best and I actually want to see what he's all about at that next level. The tragedy is that he got sucked into the dirty side of high school basketball and it probably wasn't his entire fault. I can only imagine that a lot of it came down to the greed of other adults who want the glam and big bucks and the handlers that are like a bloodsucking host with some twisted idea in their head that they can vicarious live out what they were never capable of.

  22. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM

    Just to make it clear. CJ doesn't have a handler. If anyone is his handler, it is his mom.

  23. redfred said...
    October 23, 2009 at 10:30 PM

    WPH, I realize my comment kinda makes it sound like CJL has a handler, but I know that he does NOT. I was just making a general statement, as always, because of the stuff swirling around about John Wall right now.

    Sorry if my comment misled anyone.

  24. Afterglow said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:19 PM

    No, I'm with you redfred. I was kind of responding to your comment and didn't think that CJ had a handler. I just think the general idea of one is a travesty.

    This kind of stuff just boils my blood as I work with kids.

  25. Slick said...
    October 23, 2009 at 11:38 PM

    I agree with you redfred 100%. I mean what happened to the days when the only people involved in a kid's recruitment was the kid himself, his parents, and maybe his highschool coach?

    I'm glad to hear that's the way it is with CJ.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates