Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SIMON SAYS: Issue #3: "Fully Acclimated"


Dear Wolfpack Fans,

I'm not a fan of "moral victories." I just personally feel that a loss is a loss, and nothing else. With that being said, we lost a really close game in OT to one of the undefeated teams in the SuperLeague. I was so proud of our team this week. We played all out for the entire game. We maintained the lead pretty much throughout, but just couldn't pull it together in the extra period, and eventually lost by three.

Now if you know me, I am not a fan of losing at anything (cards, sports, rock paper scissors, etc.). So I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately, to see what it is that I can change in order for us to finally earn our first SuperLeague win. This last game was the first game that I felt fully acclimated to the style of play here. I had much better numbers than I had in the previous two games, but that all accounts for nothing, because we still lost.

That's enough negativity for today (Haha). The trip up to Belfast was AMAZING. We drove up the day before and stayed the night in Dublin out by the airport in a Travellodge, and didn't get to see much of the city (I was pretty upset about that, because I've always wanted to go back to Dublin since I was here in Ireland last). But, I cheered up quickly when I got to Belfast! It is a beautiful city. It has a great mix of modern and classic buildings, and it had a real American feel to it. Only thing that was weird about it was that they use British currency up there, and there is no border into Northern Ireland. The only way I knew I was in a different country was when I received a text from my mobile carrier telling me about the ridiculously high charges that I would receive if I used my phone (which I wasn't happy about because it woke me up from my pregame nap), so I just turned my phone off, because I didn't want to deal with that nonsense (Haha).

Next week we have a two game home stint, which is well deserved. We play two of the league leaders yet again, so hopefully we can carry this positive momentum from the game last night with us into this home stand and get a win. Hope all is well Wolfpack Nation. Talk to you soon.


Simon

comments

7 Responses to "SIMON SAYS: Issue #3: "Fully Acclimated""
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM

    Simon,
    I was wondering how much you keep in contact with you Dad here at State and how you'll be able to keep up with the Pack this season?

    Thanks,
    Alex

  2. Anonymous said...
    October 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM

    Keep battling Simon, wins will come. Just learn as much as you can. Any chance you are going to get some coaching experience while you are there?

  3. Pack Leader said...
    October 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM

    Nice write Simon!!! Keep fighting over there & good luck helping spread the great game of basketball!!!

    Side Note yall i noticed the Glaxo tourney released the schedule for this year. Looks like Walton (Harrows team) isnt matched up in the same bracket as Flora Macdonald & WOG. Should be some really great games though...

    http://www.highschoolot.com/asset/content/2009/10/27/6289178/GSKtourny2009brackets.pdf

  4. Lynda Sadler said...
    October 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM

    I love this! Thanks, Simon

  5. Anonymous said...
    October 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM

    Again I'll say this. I love this addition to the site. Simon, thank you so much for taking your time to keep us updated. What are the ladies like in IReland?

    -Mike

  6. redfred said...
    October 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM

    I agree with everyone else, this is a great addition to the site!!!

    Thanks again Simon for taking your time to do this for us WOLFPACK fans!!!

  7. Unknown said...
    October 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM

    Wow just read about your stat line Simon...33 point and 20 boards!!!

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates