Friday, April 24, 2009

Harrow to Play in King James With Parker


Ryan Harrow loves to play ball...period. I talked to him yesterday on the phone and asked him when his next tournament was and he told me that he was going to be playing in this weekend's King James Classic with 2010 Small Forward Mychal Parker (5 Star recruit). Ryan played with Parker at the Elite 80 Showcase on March 29th for the first time and they have become good friends ever since. Ryan told me that they keep in touch regularly and talk on the phone about every day.

You see, the team Ryan normally plays for is off this weekend and Ryan said he "didn't want to just sit at home this weekend...I wanted to play somewhere." You got a love a kid who is bored with out a basketball in his hands. He will be playing with the Ohio Basketball Club, which is an Adidas team. Yesterday I asked Ryan "Why the jampacked schedule when you are a committed player." Ryan's response was perfect:

"I want to make a name for myself. I want to be one of the best players in the nation. I also want to bring some of the best players in the nation to NC State with me. I know that if I can play with, against, or in front of the best players in the nation that I can get some of them to come with me."


I love that this kid is a dreamer. Sure he is a committed player, but he has goals and aspirations. He wants to be 5 Star recruit, an All-American and play in all of the All-Star games. What kid doesn't? And when you think about it, isn't that what is best for NC State program as well? I project that Ryan fulfills his dreams and brings a flock of studs with him in 2010. At the end of the day we have something really special in Ryan Harrow...because you can't teach 'hunger' and 'desire.'

We'll be checking in with Ryan throughout the weekend and we will keep you posted on how things are going. Ryan's first game will be tonight at 7:20 vs. Crusader Nation Gold.

comments

11 Responses to "Harrow to Play in King James With Parker"
  1. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 8:24 AM

    Dear Ryan Harrow,

    I think I speak for all pack fans when I say thank you for your early commitment and your dedication to help rebuild or program. We look forward to watching you rack up the stats sheets. Its gonna be nice watching a group of ballhandlers on the floor all at the same time. Good luck young man in the rest of your high school career and I hope you STARt getting some of the credit you deserve.

  2. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM

    That's great that he's doing everything he can to get better and make NC State better. Sid & crew realy did a great offering Ryan, he sounds like a great guy!

  3. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 12:05 PM

    I'm so proud to have this young man committed to NCSU. When he signs his LOI I may go out and throw a party.

  4. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 12:10 PM

    Oh and I wanted to say... I am SO thankful to Ryan Harrow and his family for committing early to NCSU and being proud of where he's going and to help rebuild this program into a powerhouse. Thank you, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart and the hearts of all members of Wolfpack Nation... Thank you

  5. ppack3 said...
    April 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM

    Ryan,

    4eva and Anony couldn't have said it any better. There are going to be a lot of weapons at NC State for you to utilize, Mr. Harrow. Any ballers that you bring with you are going to be icing on the cake. Thank you for your dedication. As crazy as some fans get, always remember that NCSU fans are true fanatics. We love our school with a passion that few other institutions can rival. The critics are only frustrated, and ultimately, even they would step in the line of fire for a fellow Wolfpacker. Everyone bleeds NC State Red, even tarheels. Welcome to the family, Ryan. Go Pack!

  6. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM

    My favorite recruit ever! Great job Ryan.

  7. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

    ^In my lifetime, absolutely agree... I've never been this excited for an incoming recruit. I even hesitate to post this because I don't want the young man to read it and feel like he needs to press to live up to expectations of fans... However, I think the young man is very intelligent and won't let things of this nature go to his head. He will keep his head on straight, keep working, and quite possibly could be mentioned by future generations after or next to David Thompson.

  8. Kris said...
    April 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

    Ryan Harrow as good as David Thompson? Nah!!!! I'm just as excited to have this young man commit to our school as anyone else but please reserve those comments til he actually plays a season or two. Plus they're completely different players. They shouldn't even be compared to each other. all of lowe's recruits seem to be high quality guys on and off the court. Good luck on the AAU trail and in your senior year

  9. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 4:06 PM

    what our chances landing mychal parker? seems like he and ryan are becoming good friends

  10. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    April 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM

    ^ They're getting better and better. Ryan and Mychal talk regularly and I know Ryan is trying to stack that 2010 class for NC State. So we're going to keep close tabs on the situation.

    We'll have more on Parker, including some video early next week.

  11. Anonymous said...
    April 24, 2009 at 7:54 PM

    I wasn't saying he's the same type of player or even comparing him to Thompson, i'm saying at some point he may be mentioned in the same breath as some of the greatest to ever play at NCSU. Though reading it, I don't think I made that very clear.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates