Friday, April 10, 2009

Sharing the Wealth: Brackman Ready To Join Talented Rotation



Andrew Brackman, the Yankees first round pick in 2007 has shaken the injury bug and is ready to begin his journey to the big leagues. His first stop is Charleston, SC where he'll join the very talented roster of the Riverdogs. Although Brackman was a competitor on the hardwood and on the diamond while at NC State, he's found it hard to keep his competitive edge while rehabbing his surgically repaired elbow this off season.

"I was used to playing two sports just about every day of my life," Brackman said. "So to do nothing for that long was very tough mentally. I missed being in that competitive environment."


Although busy with preparation for his first professional season, Andrew had time catch some of the NCAA tournament, and though he may be a realist, he's likely to catch a little flack from Wolfpack fans on his recent comments about the rival Tarheels:

"I hated playing against those guys because we got beat by 25 points every time we went to Chapel Hill," said Brackman, who played baseball and basketball for the Wolfpack in 2005 and '06. "I wasn't surprised that (North) Carolina won it all. I hate to say it, but I picked them in my bracket. It's hard for me to say it having gone to (N.C.) State, but they were the best team in the country."



Check out the rest of this great article here: RiverDogs stocked with stout starting pitching

**Brackman Update: Andrew had a rough outing last night in his first start for the Riverdogs. He went 5 innings, gave up 5 earned runs, and struck out 5.

April, 10 2009

comments

2 Responses to "Sharing the Wealth: Brackman Ready To Join Talented Rotation"
  1. Dennis said...
    April 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM

    Good to hear that Andrew is playing well! Wolfpack nation wishes him the best in his major league career!!!

  2. Mr. Duprey said...
    April 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM

    I'm unfortunately a huge Yankee homer. My name was supposed to to be just plain Joe (last name begins with D) but my mother won out and at least got Joseph on the birth certif.

    With that said, if this organization f's up this prospect I will finally have had enough. Historically I like the farm club system, just hate the team ownership. Holding out hope that Girahdi knows young pitchers better then Torre and that Brack gets the long run of health he's due so that when the time is right it can all come together.

    Regardless, there are worse things in life to be doing then living in Charleston in the spring and playing some hardball. Good luck 'Drew.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates