Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Note to Our Readers....


Hey Everyone,
We just wanted to address something that we feel is getting a little out of control in our comment sections. We understand that you may not like this site, or that site, or any site for some particular reason, but we have gone almost a full year here and have tried to build a positive place where people can come and discuss Wolfpack Basketball. We understand everyone wants to have their voices heard, but to come on here and bash another site honestly does no good, it just further divides the NC State fanbase, which is the very last thing we want to do.

We want you all to be able to give your opinion on different topics, but it's truly putting us in a hard spot in some cases. We appreciate you guys coming to bat for us when people take shots, but in those comments, a lot of times, are negative things about other sites. We realize people talk about us on other sites, and obviously some is negative, but fighting back and forth about it solves nothing. We all may be different in our views of our coach, our athletic director, or which sites should be credentialed and which should not, but one thing that we all have in common is that we are all passionate about the Wolfpack and want to see them succeed.

The day it comes to the point where it's more about how many people come to our site, or how many hits we get, is the day we want out. That is not what college athletics are about. This is not about a business plan, and not about making a name for ourselves. This is about reporting information about NC State Basketball and Football to the fans that are passionate about their favorite team. It's really about doing the best we can do to create a positive place where anyone from the Wolfpack Family (Past players, current players, and fans) can come and get information, or come and communicate with one another.


We hope that this does not come across as preachy or us trying to censor our readers. It's just that there is a great football team about to take the field next Thursday and a basketball team that has been working their tails off all off-season to put a winning product on the floor. Those are the real stories, and the real issues that people should be concerned about.

Thank you for your time. WPH

comments

16 Responses to "A Note to Our Readers...."
  1. Anonymous said...
    August 26, 2009 at 12:27 PM

    exactly what needed to be said.

  2. Dof87 said...
    August 26, 2009 at 12:35 PM

    Personally, I save all my bad-mouthing and clever insults for discussing UNC. That's the most productive use of my negative energy I can think of!

  3. 74Doug said...
    August 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM

    I agree with Dof87. Thoughtful post WPH.

  4. Leo said...
    August 26, 2009 at 1:04 PM

    Nicely said! Love the site and the upbeat atmosphere. Thanks for keeping me updated on what is happening around WolfPack basketball!

    All the best.

  5. TruthBKnown Returns said...
    August 26, 2009 at 1:32 PM

    This is what I like about this site, as opposed to...... wait, I won't do it. I will remain true to what you wrote at the top! :)

  6. Pack Leader said...
    August 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM

    Well said and right to the point.

    I know personally I decided to this was my kinda site with the positive outlooks and indepth recruiting anyalsis. If you cant tell, negative comments about our team is frowned upon and so is other site bashings from your own school!!! The attacks are self inflicted and do no more than split the fan base into 3rds or 4ths. I have no problem getting my information from multi sites, so why bash what we certinly all want, NC STATE NEWS.

    While Im not always fuzzy bunnies and rose colored classes, I choose to look at things from the positive side because a negative fan base can cause a huge avalanche among the alumi/fans.

    Ive said it before...
    WOLFPACKHOOPS = Voice of the future

  7. Gozer said...
    August 26, 2009 at 2:38 PM

    Sorry about that guys, I just know all the work you put into running this thing and it makes me mad to see people taking shots at you. But hey, I knew it was probably a bit much.

    Once again, taking the high road! Thats why I love you guys!

  8. Anonymous said...
    August 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM

    Way to take the high road on this, guys. I support WPH! Everyone gets a learning curve in my book.

    -PJ

  9. redfred said...
    August 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM

    WPH, I don't think anyone can argue with a word that was typed in that header. Very well said!!!

    I'm terrible about that, and I have tried to restrain myself since I started commenting on your site. I have my spells but think I've done fairly well, for me anyway.

    The problem I have is that even when there's good news afoot about the WOLFPACK BB program, alot of the same people feel they just have to come on an NC State blog and type the same negativity that they've been posting for about two or three years in a row, while once again saying something that everyone else has already heard fifty times before.

    I'm not a sunshiner by any means, and I do get mad as hell when I see poor play as well as poor coaching. If anyone knows me, they know that I generally let it fly in any direction regardless of who is involved. But, I also try to be fair about it. I might cuss and complain when the job isn't getting done right, but I also try to give proper credit when there are signs that lead me to believe that someone is putting forth the right kind of effort, whether they're winning every game or not.

    It's the people who can't budge regardless of what's going, the ones with the same arsenal full of negativity no matter what, those are the folks that I have real trouble keeping my shut about.

    I'm working on it and getting better about it though, and I do appreciate having your site as a place to voice my opinions and feelings regarding THE WOLFPACK of NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY!!!

  10. Anonymous said...
    August 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM

    New Jerseys for the BBall Team.

    http://twitpic.com/fd8fb

  11. redfred said...
    August 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM

    "New Jerseys for the BBall Team."

    They are? The entire state? When did they start pulling for our team?

  12. Slick said...
    August 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM

    The jerseys are very ugly to me. I'd rather keep the ones we had or at least take the little NC off.

  13. Mr. Duprey said...
    August 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM

    Man, I guess Dennis Horner really is excited to walk around w/o his shirt.

  14. Pack Leader said...
    August 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. Unknown said...
    August 27, 2009 at 8:03 AM

    You guys are right on with this one...like always, a class act! I love this site for the positive outlook its known for...we all want our team to succeed and WPH and WPPS are top notch...thanks guys for keeping it real!

  16. ppack3 said...
    August 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

    Jose, that's funny.

    WPH's - keep on keepin' on. You're doing a great job. And, you're providing a safe haven from the politics of sports and academics, and allowing Pack fans a place to support our athletic programs. Anyone that has a problem with your site or the way that you handle your site can take it up with you, personally, and we, as your readers, should allow you to deal with that. I'll stick to talking Wolfpack Hoops and Pigskin, and I'll let you deal with the logistics of your site and standing up for yourself among the other media types. So far, you are handling yourselves with the utmost class and dignity. Good job, and thanks again.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates