Saturday, October 17, 2009

DeShawn Painter: 2009 Media Day




DeShawn Painter Talks with WolfpackHoops

WPH: Deshawn, what has it been like transitioning to college this first year?

DP: Pretty hard. Haha. You’ve got to work hard. You know, school and books, it’s been tough on and off the court. It’s been tough though.

WPH: How are you liking Raleigh?

DP: Love it. I love it here, it’s a nice place.

WPH: How’s it feel to be wearing the NC State jersey right now?

DP: Feels good. It feels real good. I was a youngers watching Julius Hodge. He was one of my favorite college players at that time period. So you know, I’m just surprise that I’m here.

WPH: How has the transition been basketball wise, from HS to the ACC?

DP: Everybody is good. You know, Hargrave really prepared me. At Hargrave everybody was good. It’s been kind of the same but the players are a little bit better, but you’ve got to come and compete every day.

WPH: How have the coaches been using you in workouts this year?

DP: Coming off shooting, playing inside-out. I play in the post and I’ll be stepping out some.

WPH: Is there any chance we could see you on the wing at all , with you ability to step out and face up?

DP: Haha. I don’t know, I’ll leave that to the coaches. I don’t’ really know, I can’t really speak on that.

WPH: What’s it been like battling with the other bigs on the team?

DP: Haha I can say one thing, me and Jordan are fighting/competing everyday. Me and Tracy, we’ll just be laid back competing, but me and Jordan, it’s high intensity. There’s just a lot of yelling and battling in there.

WPH: How has having an upperclassman like Tracy helped you make the transition to college ball?

DP: Little stuff. He’ll just say “Come here” and pull me to the side. He’ll tell me “Look man, this is what you do.” He talks to me and keeps me going and when I do big things he cheers me on.

comments

6 Responses to "DeShawn Painter: 2009 Media Day"
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 17, 2009 at 8:32 PM

    haha i love this guy! Man I'm revved up for basketball to start. Football is bleeding my emotions dry.

  2. mike said...
    October 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM

    I like to hear about our bigs really battling, it'll get them ready to face the intensity and the physicality of the ACC's big boys.

  3. redfred said...
    October 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM

    Same here Mike. I didn't exactly expect that JV would be one of the bigs in the fray though.

    Maybe, just maybe, he is one of those rare seven foot BB players, who isn't content with just being seven feet tall, and he really wants to play the game.

  4. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 17, 2009 at 10:43 PM

    Highlight video of the dunk contest and everything else from the Red Rally will be available Monday morning.

  5. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM

    Redfred,
    From all we are hearing, nobody works as hard as Vandenberg on this team.

  6. Anonymous said...
    October 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    -man, a 7 footer that has coordination, athleticism, and competitive fire... when the kid gets his ACC legs under him, he could be a solid force.

    i love hearing how Davis and Vandy have high motors. Both of those guys were considered "throw away " recruits by the Lowe bashers. High Motor has not described our team for a while now...

    -sf59

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates