Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jordan Vandenberg: 2009 Media Day Interview


Jordan Vandenberg Talks With Wolfpack Hoops

WPH: Jordan, can you tell us how it's been making the transition from Australia to the State?

JV: It wasn't really that bad. The only thing that got me was the time difference and getting my sleep in and getting my body adjusted.

WPH: How's school been going so far?

JV: School is going really well. I'm getting my GPA up and I'm not failing any classes, so real good.

WPH: How have workouts been so far this off-season?

JV: Workouts have been good. I sat out a week due to an injury, but I'm all good now. The whole team is bonding well, so we're looking good.

WPH: We hear the strength and conditioning has been tough, how has it been working with S&C coach, Wright Wayne?

JV: It's been really good. I was surprised at how good he was because I met the strength and conditioning coach last year and I was excited to work with him and when I found out there was a new guy I was like "What's going on?" but Wright does a really good job. I've been really impressed at the way we've come along.

WPH: What can we expect to see from the 'bigs' this year?

JV: All the big men are fairly skilled, like me, DeShawn, Dennis and Tracy. Especially Tracy, because he's a junior this year and he had a really goo year last year. I reckon we'll all see some fairly good court time this year. How much, I don't know, that's up to coach. We're going along well, we're competing strong, and we bond really well.

WPH: What would you say the difference is from Australian basketball to basketball you've seen so far in the ACC?

JV: The main difference, and the one thing that really gets me, is (when the ball is) on the rim, we can go up and get it (while it's touching the rim). Here, there is the cylinder rule, where it can't be on the rim anywhere (when you touch it). That took me a couple of weeks to adjust to, but now I'm fine.

comments

9 Responses to "Jordan Vandenberg: 2009 Media Day Interview"
  1. Anonymous said...
    October 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    spokane

  2. Anonymous said...
    October 21, 2009 at 5:26 PM

    cjl visited wash?

  3. Realwolfpacker said...
    October 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

    what kind of a comment is "spokane"

  4. Anonymous said...
    October 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

    spokane, washington

  5. Anonymous said...
    October 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM

    Cryptic much?

  6. Afterglow said...
    October 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM

    I'm lost too. Is this about Jordan or where CJL is?

    This kid (Jordan V) seems like a very well spoken individual. I also really like the comments about feeling like the team bonding well; I do believe that will translate well on the court.

    Anonymices, show yourself! Don't hide beneath that veil of ambiguity. Your comments don't even make sense seeing as the first one isn't even responding to anything. Makes me kind of suspicious like... I don't know, YOUR THE SAME PERSON MAYBE! Might wanna get that checked out.

    In any event, I'm stoked about the season. I think we're going to have a well rounded crew of bigs and I actually feel pretty good about the other areas as well.

  7. Thigpen said...
    October 22, 2009 at 10:54 AM

    I love that Jordan used the term "I reckon" in his responses. He's only been here a few weeks and he's already picking up the native lingo!

  8. redfred said...
    October 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM

    WPH, this a classic example of what me and ??? were saying the other day about the pictures, or rather, the frame at which you guys stop the video for your header.

    From looking at the freeze frame of JV on the lead in, I thought maybe JV was about to be barf or something, but he was actually smiling during the interview.

  9. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 22, 2009 at 1:02 PM

    ^ Haha sorry Red,
    The video hosting we use only gives us a few choices to use. The other ones were either eyes closed or real weird looking frames. Sorry Jordan. haha.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates