Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scott Wood: 2009 Media Day Interview




SCOTT WOOD TALKS TO WOLFPACKHOOPS

WPH: What’s it been like transitioning from high school ball to college ball?

SW: Just trying to get adjusted to the speed and the strength of the game. It’s definitely different from high school, but I actually expected it to be a lot worse, but it’s not too bad. I’m just trying to get acclimated to the college life and I think I’m transitioning well.

WPH: Is school going pretty well for you?

SW: So far, so good. My grades probably aren’t as good as my parents would want, but I’m keeping them up there and I’m doing a lot better this semester.

WPH: Your parents are going to see this online, so maybe you can let them know how hard your trying.

SW: Yeah, I’m definitely trying my hardest and that’s all that matters.

WPH: How is the team chemistry?

SW: I came in here and kind of thought it was going to be worse. Watching last year I didn’t think we’d have the greatest team chemistry but when I came in here it actually looked pretty good. I think the sophomores and freshman have a real good bond and the veterans are coming in here and putting in their bond and showing us some things. Everybody has a good bond. I’ve really hung out with everybody. Getting that bond and chemistry is real big.

WPH: What position have they been running you at in workouts?

SW: It seems like they’ve been running me at the 2 and 3. Maybe a little bit more three when CJ is in there it seems like I’ve been playing the three but guarding the two. Basically for us 2 and 3 are the same things. I’ll be one of those positions and the main thing is that I’m just getting up there and helping out on the offensive end a lot and trying to improve my defense.

WPH: Can you talk about the offense this year?

SW: Last year was a little bit slower pace, but Coach Lowe has stressed that he wants to get up and down. We’ve done a couple drills where the big men have to get under the basket and within a couple of seconds and take the ball out and we got to get up there and run and the wings have to be out. It’s definitely going to be a lot quicker pace and we definitely want to transition on people.

WPH: Do you think playing at point guard last season has helped you?

SW: I think it helped a lot. There are a couple of threes that can put it on the floor but not may that can put it on the floor pretty good. I think me playing point guard and getting pressured a lot last year is really going to help me, especially if a three guards me that might be a little bit slower. I think just having to handle pressure is going to help me a lot.

comments

5 Responses to "Scott Wood: 2009 Media Day Interview"
  1. Eric said...
    October 18, 2009 at 9:06 PM

    I can't wait for this kid to hit the ACC. Well spoken. All around great guy, and great basketball player.

  2. Anonymous said...
    October 18, 2009 at 9:56 PM

    cant wait to see scott and julius on the court together,scott im almost excited about seeing you play as i am waiting for the arrival of the ointed one in 2010,and thats saying a whole lot,im so glad you chose to run with the pack,i believe your going to make the coaching staffs at butler and indiana,as well as other big schools in and around indiana look like fools for not recognizing your talent,and what you had to offer them,cause im sure you would have loved to run with the hoosiers

    thank you scott for giving me a reason to have hope this year,and if things dont work out so well this year just keep your head up cause one of the best classes in america is on the way

  3. wolfie91 said...
    October 19, 2009 at 12:35 AM

    Not sure why the chemistry question keeps coming up, nor the last year/this year comparison question for returning players, though I can see where that would be legitimate. Just seems like the chemistry question is picking at a sore.

  4. Wolfpack Hoops said...
    October 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM

    No intentions of picking at a sore. In all of the interviews this summer, each player consistently talked about an improved work ethic and an improved team chemistry.

  5. j.sol said...
    October 19, 2009 at 2:01 AM

    i wouldn't say the chemistry question is picking at a sore at all, from what i've noticed just going through the offseason, this team is the closest knit unit we've had in years and i think it's good to make a note of that. it's more like a family than it's ever been, since maybe the valvano years.

    i'd like to add that i've been really impressed with the work ethic of our younger guys, they're working on something really special and i can't wait to see it come to life.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates